Coveting your prayers as they continue to make plans 'just for today' while they wait and see how God will direct their next steps as they decide where to hang their hat.
There is no long term planning involved right now - then again that could have changed overnight & I'm just not aware of it yet. =) At this point it's "I think we know what we're doing today". Lots of phone calls and connections need to be made. Just collecting boxes to pack their things up - again... and alone this time - is difficult in the middle of nowhere. The boxes we emptied just a few months ago are packed full of the ranchers things when we cleaned his stuff out to make room for theirs while he made plans (too late) to build his house. In fact those boxes will now need to be unloaded off of Mr. Studly's horse trailer so they can make room for their boxes.
Something seems out of focus about needing to always be moving someone elses things before you can move yours ..... just one of the many indicators for their reasons to find other pastures.
Growth and change are not always fun or easy. Grandchildren are grumpy because their new little teeth are coming through their gums -but steak is in their future. Changing routines to create better ones takes time to adjust and relearn - and efficiencies are achieved. Learning to adjust to something being empty where there once was something warm and loving - we yearn for heaven where no tears will be shed. It's all a part of this stage of eternity we call Life.
Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent.
~Mignon McLaughlin
Sunday morning we sang one of my favorite songs....
My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.
When Darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, his covenant, his blood
supports me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay.
When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found!
Dressed in his righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne!
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.
When Darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, his covenant, his blood
supports me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay.
When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found!
Dressed in his righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne!
Last evenings sky gave testimony to a day planned and colored by God - the One we have our Hope in.....as the weeds tumble.


1 comment:
I can't imagine what all they are going through, and what you are going through as their parents, and at a far distance from them. I will be praying for them and you, whenever God brings you to my mind. Keep us updated.
Post a Comment