Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Hunt is On

While away with friends to the cabin in the woods we were introduced to Geocashing. But they waited til we were packing things ups to share this with us. =) It was raining too much to try it out anyway.

"Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment." http://www.geocashing.com/

Where have I been all my life? I vaguely remember hearing about this years ago but didn't know the details. Our friends are familiar with it and I'm hooked! and I don't even know much about it.

So I've been researching the pros and cons of handheld GPS systems and this post is asking anyone who is familiar with this to give up some info. Which devise do you have and what do you like or dislike about it? If you would have 'know then what you know now' which one would you have purchased.

I can't imagine when I'll find time to do this but I have always loved a good hunt.

No comments: