Monday, October 5, 2009

A day trip

Years ago my mother gave me a day trip for my birthday. It was a bus trip that included another Mother/Daughter team. We enjoyed the day so much together that it's been an annual occurance. For the first number of years we booked a bus trip that took us to various gardens of interest. Then we discovered that we would have liked to stay at a particular place longer then the touring schedule had booked so we decided to plan our own trips. Our trips are now twice a year and they take in an antique place, if possible, and almost anything that we may find of interest.

Last week we took a trip that included breakfast at Grand Central Bagel and a walk through That Fish Place. I didn't think to take my camera in with me - duh. We walked through the spiders, snakes, and frogs corner - made a stop to talk with the birds and then to watch the things that swim in water. What an interesting place. Should have had my camera.




I couldn't help but think that God must have derived an enormous amount of pleasure creating all the critters that run the scale from breath-takingly beautiful to a face that only a mother could love. And then Noah - how did he come up with the names for all of them?
We visited a new local store that sells grass-fed beef and other local fare and then to another farm store were Anna Mae successfully made it through the childrens haybale maze.


I so enjoy the colors of fall.



The sky looked like it would rain any minute but our day had only a few sprinkles here and there.


We headed to Columbia and spent 2 1/2 hours at Burning Bridge Antiques Market. I was too busy looking at stuff to think about pictures but when I saw a metal coffin I thought I can't leave that one unrecorded. Halloween brings out some strange things.


The coffin was positioned to be seen best from outside on a side street. An arm protruded upward from inside that was wearing a rhinestone covered glove. hhmmmmmm I guess there is no limit to creativity. Is that what's it called?


Even with 2 1/2 hours in this place we hurriedly finished the second floor but never made it to the third. That's on the agenda already for our next trip in the spring. We got some info while there but looking online I discovered that we were 'in the heart of the Antique Belt of Historic Columbia". Who knew? I'll be armed with my camera next spring and man, are we going to have fun.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jess said...

I don't remember you mentioning your little trip in our conversations. Looks like fun...so good to "see" you and grandma again! And hey, I'm so jealous I didn't get to go cause that antique place looks....AWESOME!!! :)