Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chappy

My dear husband has lost his tag along companion today.

CHAPPY
an amish word for friend




Chappy was running beside Jay's truck today as Jay was leaving to go for a haircut and I guess he just got too close. That ball of fur was my 'thorn in the flesh' because of the extra work he would make - Pug hair sticks like glue, he was often under foot, and he smelled like a dog. But I didn't wish him dead simply for Jay's sake. Taking care of Chappy was my act of love for Jay - I didn't love Chappy like Jay did but because I loved Jay I acted. If Chappy needed a bath I bathed him. When Chappy had a vet appointment I took him for his appointments. Chappy followed Jay everywhere at the shop - and they both loved Saturdays cuz they'd be together all day. When Jay went inside the shop Chappy would wait outside the door for him. When Jay was mowing the grass at the shop Chappy would run along beside him, or around the mower and when he tired of running he'd lay along the side somewhere and watched him until Jay moved to the next plot of grass. Chappy was Jay's dog and he knew it. Jay was never on his recliner without Chappy in his lap.

And as much as Chappy frustrated me I still spent the afternoon in tears. Jay will come home alone tonight. Chappy would have been all muddy from running around in the rain and I would have needed to bath him so he could find his usual spot on Jay's lap for the rest of the night.

I would gladly welcome the opportunity to give him a bath tonight.

I'm sorry Jay. Chappy was so good for you. He made you love dogs. =)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LACEY said...

i will miss him so much.
he was such a lover.
when you felt bad he made your day.