Friday, October 16, 2009

In The Beginning

Last Friday evening Jay & I had the privilege of seeing a magnificent production "In the Beginning" at a local theatre, Sight & Sound Millennium Theatre. It was an amazing experience. I have always loved the story of creation and have a great fascination with even the smallest details of creation.

I love the way this theatre takes liberty with 'filling in the blanks' and using creative imagination as to how Adam was introduced to Eve, the joy Adam must have had in naming the animals, the conversations that may have taken place when they were driven from the Garden, the idea that some of their children would not believe that the Garden existed, the pain of being cast from the Garden of Eden forever - especially after having experience THE garden of perfection.

These productions are always true eye candy! Large, vibrant, shimmering color....live animals, some amazing, very 'live looking' animals...... giant sets moving in and out of scenes... a heavenly looking Tree of Life. The sound system and acoustics provided sounds that were actually felt. It's a sensory overload - especially the last scene that depicts when Adam & Eve will once again be in God's presence and joining us in singing praises to the One and Only Creator! I'm not charismatic in worship but I fought the urge to stand up and shout Hallelujah!!!!!

Of course no photos are permitted to be taken inside so you grab the ones you can.


The Lion and the Lamb statue outside the main door. A popular photo shoot and always full of people -- I don't know who the little sweetie is on the left.


Dad was taking the picture while we waited for friends to join us for the evening.


Looking forward to seeing the next production "Joseph" scheduled for 2010.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: