Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stairs

Ok, who thinks of these things? I'm trying to be creative enough not to make the same menu items week after week. I can come up with some crazy, hair-brained ideas about putting something 'here' instead of 'there'. But the minds of some people must never shut off. First someone needs to 'think up' the idea, present it and then someone else needs to agree to fund it or give it a whirl. Amazing.

Some of these stairs are just way cool.




Let me see you carry a clothes basket of wash up these stairs.





Going down..... Going up.








A His and a Hers?


Fun in the workplace?



Wouldn't these be fun to decorate for each of the seasonal holidays?






Now these I could really use! Great idea.
New twist to 'where's my shoes?' 'On the steps, dear'.











Now these are my absolute favorites. Finally a place to put all the books and every single one is within reach.





I'd have way too many doctor appointments with these in my house.





STAIRWAY to HEAVEN
Poem by Helen Steiner Rice
The stairway rises heaven high,
The steps are dark and steep,
In weariness we climb them
As we stumble, fall and weep,

And many times we falter
Along the path of prayer,
Wondering if You hear us
And if You really care,

Oh, give us some assurance,
Restore our faith anew,
So we can keep on climbing
The stairs of prayer to You,

For we are weak and wavering,
Uncertain and unsure,
And only meeting You in prayer
Can help us to endure

All life's trials and troubles,
Its sickness, pain and sorrow,
And give us strength and courage
To face and meet tomorrow!

Helen Steiner Rice




STAIRWAY TO DESTINY
I see this downward stairway yet
I’m trying to go up;
where I believe that at the top the
Lord will fill my cup.
It’s a very icy stairway that is slippery and wet.
Yet I know He wants to take me to a place I won’t forget.
If I will take that firststep, it will get me off the floor.
Step up and up and up again where there’s an open door.
The door that holds my destiny, that’s where I want to be.
Where I can reach and touch the world that
God wants me to see.
While others all go down the stairs,
I’m destined to go up.
I can’t forget that is the place where God will fill my cup.
I don’t know why it’s facing down when up is where I’m going.
I have to reach that place in God where love is overflowing.

Norma Daniel Jones April 30,2004
In your Goings up or goings down - I hope your have a good day!

No comments: