The first batch of meadow tea announces that summer has finally arrived.
To me personally this is 'liquid from heaven'. Nothing beats a cool glass of fresh made tea.
We're the fuzzy leaf drinkers (apple mint) although we also have a little of the pointy leaf (spearmint)growing. Just the smell alone of this tea brewing has orbital qualities. I have a kettle that holds 4 gallon of water and I like to pour the hot tea into glass jars (vinegar used to come in glass gallon jars) rather then plastic - hot tea makes plastic get all soft and wierd. I also sieve all the tea through a Handwipe cloth - don't like to quess at what those little flecks are swirling around. Some folks like to add some lemonade concentrate to their brew but I prefer it just as it is. 4 gallon of tea a week for the rest of the summer - YAY! I babied a tea patch for years at a previous residence but currently have a patch that is happy as a lark and taking over. The bigger the better cuz ya just can't have too much meadow tea. It's simply not possible.

2 comments:
Sounds delicious! I'd love to sit with you sipping meadow tea.
Love ya
Denise
I've taken a little tour of your blog and almost welled up with tears as I've read this new journey your family is on! Then I remembered that you got a phone call while here yesterday and hearing your mom say "Aww" when you told her who it was....must have been your newly departed daughter! Looks like a rough week for all, but one that is dealt w/with grace.
The tea...looks YUMMY in those beautiful jars!!! Reminds me that the other day my 15yr old son brought some mint leaves home from my moms w/the intentions of making the family some tea! Mind you, I was at the shop at the time...so you can imagine there weren't many takers when I fished a big fat worm out of the pot...and then later when I poured the "finished product" into a clear pitcher only to find nasty dirt settling to the bottom!!! Yours looks MUCH better! Might have to grow some myself!
Thanks for stopping by...be sure to fill me in if you find the original purpose of your little purchase!
Terri
Post a Comment