Saturday, May 16, 2009

They're on their way

Jess & Jamie were hoping to leave yesterday but decided to allow an extra day to cross a few more things off their list before heading out west. It turned out to be a wonderful, God-breathed choice. It afforded us an unexpected family time without any interruptions. Jay & Jamie have had a long standing tradition of putzing around the shop on Saturday and sharing lunch together. Today they included us all in lunch with a tail gate party. Wasn't that nice of them?!




Strapping down the last few additions to the truck bed.





Jess & I took Bruiser and Bryn to the local pet store and gave them their much needed baths before the trip -- their 'rolled in poop smell' wasn't the desired cologne for the 30 hour trip.




And finally the time arrived - time to give hugs and kisses.


Jay watches Jamie turn this rig around with a very heavy heart.

Rachel is too young to grasp that this is going to be a long good bye but she buried her head in Jess's shoulder when Jamie leaned in for a kiss.




The men of the clan. It will be like an very needed and useful appendage is missing without Jamie. Little bugger wormed his way into all of our hearts.



Handshakes and hugs ......



.....and tears.









A note to Ty: "Our lose is your gain. Jamie is returning with much more then when he left 5 years ago. Thank you for patiently waiting. You have the blessing of seeing the front of the truck pulling in the ranch lane - anticipation is always fun. Take good care of them."

And then it's one last check of the cargo,


tighten the straps and kick the tires.


And then nothing left but the waving and watching....

Watching them go...

Watching them leave.... horns blowing.....


and the final turn around the corner and they're gone.



We stood around and nursed our empty hearts for a while. And then we each went our own separate ways to 'lick our wounds'. No one felt much like doing anything - I went home and took a deep sleep nap and then made another 4 gallon of tea.
Remember, it's liquid of heaven and today much is needed.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Marty,
My heart is squeezed, my eyes wet with tears as I read your blog today. You are much in my prayers.
Denise

Anonymous said...

Oh, friend,
Yes, I saw some of these pictures the other day when I saw you, but today, finally reading your blog really made the tears come. Oh, I can't imagine the ache in your heart, but then again, maybe I can, having had one move to Florida.

These pictures are priceless and I trust the Lord is healing some of the ache...
You are loved and it was most delightful to see you guys last weekend.
Can we get together SOON???
love you,
jul