Thursday, May 7, 2009

Leaving and cleaving...... and leaving

This week the countdown seems to be looming closer and closer for Jess & Jamie to start their journey west. And I find that this Willow Tree figurine depicts perfectly what my heart, mind, soul and arms want to do.

HOLD!
Hold it.
Hold tight.
Hold on.
Hold everything.

Next week they leave with their belongings for the first leg of the transition. And I'm so grateful it is a transition with segments. They're driving out with all their possessions but after helping with branding on the ranch for two weeks Jess will be flying back to finish out a few weeks of work before leaving for good. So we'll be able to slowly loosen the grip - hopefully.

In the meantime as part of moving from one location to another you decide to get rid of things. I claimed a few of Jess' things to keep for myself and will place around my home in one form or another.

They will act as reminders of those I love - one I birthed and call my own.
The other my birthed one chose to call her own.....
... and so have I.
I miss them already and they're still here.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. Marty, you are a good communicator.
Love ya