Thursday, April 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Cake Bars

This week’s dessert accompaniment to breakfast was Peanut Butter Cake Bars.  If you’re a peanut butter lover I think these will fit the bill.
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 pkg. (11-1/2 oz.) milk chocolate chips

In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
DSCN2163
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
DSCN2166
Beat in vanilla. 
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, gradually add to creamed mixture.
DSCN2173
Stir in chocolate chips.  (forgot to take a picture of the best part)
Spread into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan. 
DSCN2174
I doubled the recipe and put it in a large catering pan.
DSCN2176
And remember I’m feeding the masses so I actually took the recipe times four to make two large pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 
DSCN2177
DSCN2183
Yummo!
This recipe was from a Quick Cooking Magazine.                                                          
Name attached to it:  Charlotte Ennis, Lake Arthur, New Mexico.

3 comments:

Jess said...

MMMmmm...someone REALLY special must have given you the recipe for these. :) Looking forward to enjoying a treat from you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Marty, I love how you showed pics of the process. And yes....they look oh so good.

Just a little something from Judy said...

My nephew will love this recipe! Anything chocolate and peanut butter and he is so happy!