Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cinnamon Flop

This past week for the 'warm carb' part of the employee breakfast I made a recipe I make often for this weekly event.  I've been making it for all of my married life as it is a favorite of my husband and the recipe came from his mother.  The name for this item came along with it as well and I do not know where it originated from.  It's something I never make the night before as it is best served warm and fresh from the oven.


Cinnamon Flop

1 1/2 cups milk   
2 cups flour
2 T. Crisco
1 cup sugar
2 t. baking powder

Mix all ingredients together until well blended.  Pour into and 8 x 8 pan.  Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and dot with butter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.



For my gang I actually take the recipe 4 times and used a 13 x 9 pan and a 13 x 17 pan.  The above 13 x 9 pan has approximately the equivalent of taking the recipe 1 1/2 times.


It's a 'heavy', dense cake and really not one of my favorites but it seems to be a favorite for my breakfast gang.  It's a quick and easy, warm cinnamony, breakfast item.

Enjoy!


No comments: