Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Bridal Shower

(** OK - sorry folks.  Pictures were there before and now they weren't. Try again. )

Yesterday Betz and I had the joy of attending a bridal shower for my niece.

Bride-to-be (under the balloons) with her mother (wearing scarf) and two sisters.






I love the way today's cakes are so different and creative.  This cake design was taken from the plates they chose.



The shower was held at the home of the mother of the groom-to-be. One of the breakfast items she had was Pecan-Crusted Bacon. Now THIS I gotta try some time. She said she placed thick bacon on a baking rack, sprinkled it with brown sugar, a generous amount of fresh ground black pepper and finely chopped pecans and baked it for about 20 minutes. I only had two pieces and it was an act of true will power to keep it at that.



The groom-to-be is from a very creatively talented family. And the pictures and artwork the children (now adults) have created is displayed wonderfully throughout the home. He is a budding, upcoming artist and I would love to own one of his paintings but I can't begin to afford them.  He does various forms and styles of creativity but I believe he mainly enjoys abstract painting. Here are two large paintings that are currently hanging in his parents home.


This one (below) is large enough to be hanging in the two story high foyer.


I've told him I wish his thoughts while he is painting would run on a ticker tape for us to read....

So yesterday was the shower and we have a wedding to look forward to later this year.  In fact, there are two weddings planned in this family because 3 months after the first one another sister is also getting married.  Oh, and the third sister is expecting her first child. 
 Two weddings and a baby.
My, how life can change in one year.  =)

No comments: