Betz and I recently stopped at a local garden center in her area and they had very large versions of Mr. Boo and I knew I didn't have a home large enough to accomodate that size. Their version had a pot full of a grassy plant giving a 3 Stoogies hair doo look. When we went inside to pay for our items they had much smaller versions and I felt like stepping out of my normal plant choices and picked up Mr. Boo. The garden center owner happened to be close by and introduced me to the idea of planting something different then the grasses they used and brought me this plant giving Mr. Boo a constant bad hair day. I enjoyed implanting Mr. Boo's hair and so far I've been able to keep his hair 'styled'.
On a different note -- A garden favorite of mine is coral bells. I love the long wispy stems with the loose flower display on the ends. They make great little additions to any fresh bouquet.
A few years ago I purchased a clematis. I thought perhaps I had picked the 'runt of the litter' because the first year it came up about 2 inches and actually bloomed one 50 cent piece size bloom. And that was all she wrote. The next year it no blooms but it vined out about 7-8 inches. Last year the vine grew up the trellis with 3 different vines but again no blooms. This year it was no more then out of the ground, vining up the trellis and there were buds showing - there was a little happy dance thinking that maybe this year we might actually have something. And wouldn't ya know it .... Houston, we have flowers.
My plant looks nothing like these huge displays you see around people's mailboxes and light posts but this is more then I've ever had with this clematis so we're pleased with the output.
Mr. Boo says 'it was nice to meet you'.
He hasn't lost his attitude neither. He just told me to go get a broom and sweep the junk off the porch floor.
Pipe down, Ugga, and enjoy the clematis.

2 comments:
I LOVE Ugga Bugga...bring him for a visit next time you come and feel free to tell him to bring a friend so I can have an Ugga Bugga for my garden. :) Looking good, Mama!
You do have a green thumb don't you? Your flowers are beautiful! I especially like Mr. Uggan Bugga. I feel like my hair looks like his on somedays:)
Post a Comment