Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summertime

In my favorite past time of blog searching I found this idea and thought I'd give it a try.

 

The original blogger (and I can't remember which blog I saw it so I'm afraid I can't give proper credit) used much larger/smaller frames allowing the size differences to stand out.  But my shelf length wasn't going to allow me to do that.

I picked up cheap frames and spray painted them black.  Then I printed each letter on plain copier paper and cut them out.  I wish I would have used a more vibrant background paper.  I didn't want the paper to distract from the letters but I picked a little too cautiously - for my taste.  So I used my Cricket and cut out little embellishments to accent each one.

Close-up of each letter to show more detail.  Sorry about the glass glare/shadow on some.

 

oops - I need to slid the paper back up.


I enjoy finding great ideas for decorating.  I'm not helpless when it comes to crafting but I would never have thought of this on my own.  And the cost was well under $15. 



Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I did not know you were so creative! I am impressed with this idea. You did a great job!