Don't know what I was thinking when I said I'd take a whole flat (20 quarts) of strawberries from those two delightful amish girls at the roadside stand.... I had already put some in the fridge when Betz snapped this photo.
while I stirred.... and stirred
Mom always made cooked jelly as I have. Last year when my friend, Denise, moved out of state she 'dumped' her freezer contents on me. We ate good for a long time. Thanks, Denise. And with each jar of yummy freezer jam we consumed I felt guiltier and guiltier.
I needed to read the directions as this was my first time at freezer jam.

Betz & I decided we like this method best and the results of our 13 quarts of strawberries equaled 67 (8 oz.) containers of freezer jam.
Betz & I decided we like this method best and the results of our 13 quarts of strawberries equaled 67 (8 oz.) containers of freezer jam.
I'll finally be able to relieve some of the freezer guilt in a few weeks when I take some of this along with me for an overnight visit with Denise. And there will be more packed in the car as we head from there to Montana and put some in Mr. Studly and Betz's freezer.

1 comment:
Yum, yum! The jam looks beautiful. Looks like it was a success! And....I'm thrilled to hear I'm going to get some! Yum, yum again!
Post a Comment