Saturday, June 20, 2009

Gift of Flowers

After reading the book "The Five Love Languages" (years ago) it was helpful to know and understand that my love language is 'Acts of Service'. I enjoy, appreciate and am always fascinated by flowers and you would think flowers on Valentine's Day, etc... would be my language. The love language of receiving gifts, cards, flowers is always, always appreciated but my heart hears love the loudest when things are done, completed or help is received. But yesterday I received flowers that absolutely spoke love to me. My Betz was home helping me make strawberry jelly all afternoon and she returned home from an errand with this beautiful arrangement.

Mr. Studly, Betz's husband and my one and only Sonny-law, has the reputation of going to the florist and hand picking the flowers he wants in a bouquet. So he has taught her well.


Betz knows that my all time favorite flower is the calla lily - any color will do.


Then she added delphiniums - I love spikey flowers, tall column-looking flowers, flowers on the end of long stems, etc..
.

Then she added this gem.


What has me stumped is this gorgeous darling was attached to the same purple beauty above but is giving no indication that it will turn into the same deep purple.



Nestled in the center were these green beauties and things were beautifully color coordinated together.


And off to the side was a lilac version of God's fireworks.
I enjoy fireworks.



So although receiving flowers may not be my primary love language it surely was yesterday. Thank you, Betz. I am most blessed to have you to love. I love being your mom.


1 comment:

Jess said...

Your most welcome, Mom! I enjoyed picking them out for you and I knew that getting flowers is speaking my love language, but I think God was guiding me that day. You needed some love and although I can't heal your hurts, I can apply a little salve...it's the nurse coming out in me. I cannot help but want to help and "fix". Your friendship is a beautiful blessing to me and I'm thankful for the "colors" it adds to my life. Thank you for adding your colors to the rainbow of my life. I think your beautiful!!!