Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden of Hope continued....

This poem was shared at The Garden of Hope dedication.


Child in Heaven
by JC Broomfied


I'm just a little babe, who didn't quite make it there;
I went straight to be with Jesus, but I'm waiting for you here.

Don't you fret about me mommy.. I'm alright and am most blest;
I'd have loved to stay there with you; but the shepherd knows what's best.
Many dwelling here where I live waited years to enter in;
Struggled through a world of sorrow and their lives were marred with sin.

So sweet Mommy don't you sorrow, wipe those tears and chase the gloom,
I went straight to be with Jesus, from my lovely mother's womb.

Thank you for the life you gave me, it was brief, but don't complain,
I have all of Heaven's glory, suffered none of your earth's pain.

I'll be waiting for you mommy, you and Daddy, brother and sis.
I'll be with you then forever and I'll give you all a kiss.



No comments: