Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

DSCN2298

My mother has been an amazing example.  As a child I wanted to grow up, get married and be a mom.  I never heard her complain in frustration about keeping house, cooking or mothering.  And I know my two brothers and I gave her plenty to complain about.

I love cooking from scratch – it’s the only way Mom cooks.

I strive to keep a home clean – although mine is never as clean as hers.

And my greatest joy is being a Mom myself – three times.

She also has a very green thumb and anything she plants grows up and calls her blessed.  She didn’t pass ALL that along to me but I sure am having fun trying. 

Thanks Mom – your unfailing love and support has shaped who I am.

 

But today is also marked with deep sadness – there are those who would give anything to have a Mother’s Day. I don’t understand.  I pray constantly.  I cry.  I get angry at times.  The empty dreams hurt and as a Mom I can’t do anything to fix it or change it.  Sometimes life just doesn’t seem fair or make sense.

Love you babe.

2 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am sorry for your deep hurt. I know that as mothers there is just so much in life that our fix it natures want to take over, and it is not possible to fix. Whatever you are facing, I am sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sweet post and pic of you and your mom. And heartfelt words to another. You have a gift for words Marty. Thanks for sharing.