Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Day to be Remembered

It has been a long time since I’ve blogged.  Life has been full of changes, with the major change being a new home address for us. Still trying to unpack boxes to find some things “I know are here somewhere”.  My goal was to again begin to blog… sometime… in this new year.  Today marks the 2nd day of March and I figured it would be a good time to start.  Especially since I’m away from home.  I’m visiting my dear, dear friend, Denise in Indiana.

I was picked up at the airport by Denise and her husband, Aaron -  who is still Pastor to me.  They wanted to stop at a new place for lunch – Ted’s Montana Grill. 

DSCN1898  What a fun place to have lunch.  We didn’t know that 95% of the menu is bison. Adam, our waiter, did an amazing job of providing information about Ted Turners restaurants. 

DSCN1874

Pastor and Denise are like my husband and enjoy burgers.

 DSCN1889I decided on the meatloaf dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and Aunt Fannie’s squash casserole.  Sorry, took a bite before I remembered – need pictures to blog.

DSCN1887

We all three thoroughly enjoyed our meals – it was an amazing palate treat.  Even though Mr. Studly is a farm manager of a bison operation I myself haven’t eaten much bison.  But this meal made a definite believer out of me.

Adam, our waiter, told us he helps to hand squeeze 110 lemons every morning for their fresh lemonade.  Since they worked so hard to make it we needed order some.  Ted’s Montana Grills make it a goal to be as eco-friendly as possible.   So our lemonade was served in a tall glass with a paper straw – it has been a VERY long time since I’ve had a paper straw.  The to-go cup of soda that Pastor ordered is made of cornstarch that bio-degrades in landfills in just under 50 days.  So tomorrow we’ll be burying the cup in the yard to give it a true test.  =)

DSCN1891

When our waiter learned that we are close to the Baltimore, MD area he brought this pen to use to sign the bill.  The jaws smacked close whenever you clicked the pen.  Interesting.

DSCN1893

DSCN1895

DSCN1896

We had a most delightful time with our ‘new’ lunch experience.

 

DSCN1884 DSCN1885

DSCN1899

It was most definitely a wonderful food experience and I’d welcome the opportunity to order from their menu again.

More fun tomorrow……

1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

Welcome back. Looks like you are having a fun time with your dear friends. My husband and I had bison for the first time in CO and really enjoyed it. Great to see all the pictures of Ted's place.