Friday, March 25, 2011

Rainbows – The colors of a promise

I love rainbows.  I love anything that is multi-colored.  Lots of bright colors. 
I have a rather strange looking, cut glass, chicken that I purchased through a catalog.  The original plan was to purchase the little peeps that accompanied it but when I saw the chicken in person I decided against it.  Her head just looks ‘weird’ to me.  She sat on my office window sill and I soon discovered that when the sun hits her just right she throws little sparkles of light and rainbows across the room.
My funky looking chicken make rainbows.
DSCN2030
In this home I only have one window on the main floor that I can reach the window sill to set her on – and that gets direct sunlight.  A high foyer window is a possibility some time when I get enough courage – and a ladder tall enough – to set her way up there.  A skylight offer lots of light but I don’t have a place to set her to catch the light.  So she sits on the living room window sill and does her thing.

DSCN2029

DSCN2034
DSCN2036

DSCN2040

God put the rainbow in the clouds, not just in the sky. It is wise to realize we already have rainbows in our clouds, or we wouldn't be here. If the rainbow is in the clouds, then in the worst of time, there is the possibility of seeing hope... We can say 'I can be a rainbow in the cloud for someone yet to be.' That may be our calling.
                                                           ~~ Maya Angelou

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you are feeling blue
If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone
If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea
But all these things I am finding
Are impossible for me
I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best
A friend that's always there

No comments: