Now that Betz is a grown woman, although I still get calls that are in the ‘need a mom’ category, we find that we are wonderful buds and friends. A day spent with Betz is ALWAYS a grand day. Love you, babe.
About 9-10 years ago the Lord answered one of my broken record prayers for a bosom buddy and introduced me to my BFF - Denise. We clicked instantly the first time we met – at an airport where my husband and I went to pick her and her husband up. She was my Pastor’s wife and I was blessed enough to call her my dear friend. When the Lord moved them away from PA I grieved for awhile because I thought that the closest buddy I had every found would lose touch.
But we have grown so much closer. We’ve talked about why. She has her theories and I have mine. But one things for such – I am still very blessed with my answer to prayer. It’s amazing (actually quite frightening at times) at how much alike we are.
On several occasions during my week long visit we would meet in the hall after getting dressed for the day and realize that without discussing ‘what are you going to wear’ we had picked the same color scheme for the day. I have the joy of sharing the bathroom while we put on our makeup and do our hair – things you do I guess when you have a sister.
The picture above was taken my last day there and see – we’re wearing the same color.
She can carry more then one conversation. Land line phone in one ear and cell phone in the other.
She’s married to a great man of God – He preaches God’s Word with integrity and passion. Although he’s no longer the pastor of my church he will always be Pastor to me. He is most gracious with my presence while Denise and I chatter away. They are amazing hosts and I always feel like I’m right at home while I’m there.
I always look forward to worshipping together with my BFF and hearing Pastor open God’s Word. The Lord is doing an amazing and wonderful work in and through these two beloved servants at Cornerstone Community Bible Church – and I am most blessed to call them my dear, dear friends.
I don’t know what it’s like to have a sister but I sure know how wonderful it is to have a Sister in the Lord.
Thanks so much, sista chick.
1 comment:
I'm the lucky one!
What! You have theories that are different from mine?
Post a Comment