These are the ingredients needed:
1 box yellow cake mix
3 oz. Cherry Jello
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
4 eggs
1 envelope Dream Whip
15 oz. can pie filling
Mix first 6 ingredients together and beat for 2 minutes. I tripled the recipe to feed the gang Friday morning so my bowl was quite full. I also forgot to add the food coloring until after I started mixing so it had a swirled look to it until it was thoroughly mixed.
After the cake was baked and cooled I covered the top with whipped topping.
I had a little time to play with decorating so I piped the edges and sprinkled with Valentine sprinkles.
Then I filled the space on top with cherry pie filling and added a 'poor excuse of a heart' on top. (I knew the guys weren't going to judge me on artistic ability - whew!)
Tripling the recipe made this 18 x 13 cake pan plus a 8x8 cake (gave this one to the neighbors). Trying to fit the large cake into the camera frame had me taking the picture too far away to see detail so this picture makes the cake look like ants are doing the march around the walls of Jericho.
Also til breakfast was deliverered and served it never crossed my mind to snap a photo of a piece of cake to provide a view of the red cake with the layers..... you'll have to try it and see for yourself.
**Baking instructions for 13 x 9 cake: Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
1 comment:
Mmmmm, brings back memories! Love the picture with the swirls in the mixer and what are you talking about..."a poor excuse for a heart"??? I thought it was a beautiful presentation and I give 5 stars!!
Post a Comment