Monday, February 8, 2010

New taste

Last week I saw something new at the grocery store - dried kiwifruit.  Maybe it's been available to you before but this was something new for me.  For some reason there were two very different shades of green available.  The one shelf had containers of dried kiwifruit that was greener then the green mint jelly leaf candy you find - it looked too green for me.  The other shelf had containers of fruit that were gray-green looking but I choose this one and looked for the smallest container. 

Now I can enjoy most dried fruit - banana's being my favorite.  The other fruits are grand but are such a high sugar content.  The dried mango's from Costco are addictive.  I thoroughly enjoy fresh kiwifruit and thought I'd give this a whirl.

It was not a winner!  I took one bite, did not swallow it and didn't go back for more.  My first thought was 'it tastes like hay'.  Maybe the greener, fake looking kind was tastier but I doubting that one.  But this experience won't keep my from trying anything knew and interesting.


No comments: