I'm waiting to decorate for Christmas until Betz arrives this weekend. She loves to decorate and I've said she has free reign here when she comes. It's been 3 years since our family business schedule has changed. For many years my Christmas decorating was 'what ever didn't get done by the Saturday after Thanksgiving simply didn't get done'. Deer season was written on the calendar each and every day of December. This week I would be making giant meals to feed the crew that was working almost around the clock each day. And then 2 weeks later it would be repeated. We'd stop for Christmas Day and then pick up the pace again until well into January. The last 3 years we've been able to have 'normal' Christmas planning like other folks - yet I find that years and years of routine are hard to break out of - at least in my head.
I enjoy Christmas music - but not until after Thanksgiving. And knowing that Betz & Mr. Studly won't be arriving until this weekend I feel like it's not time to start until they get here. But yesterday I heard a new rendition of my favorite Christmas song and it has jumped started my Christmas 'mood'.
I find that most often the mood or spirit of the melody is what stirs me most. Occasionally I can know a song for a long time but not know all the words because it's the music that I remember. I'm glad this recording doesn't have video attached - it's the music - and the words of this particular song - that stirs something deep within.
No comments:
Post a Comment