Hi all,
During the thanksgiving service at calvary a father walked up front with his son who has a disability which appears to be downs syndrome but I do not know for sure. The father, Steve, gave a brief intro which is already stated in the video so I won’t repeat it, but he added that his son John saw the microphone up front and wanted to say something again so he brought him up. As you will see there was no understanding a word that he said but it sure did hit you in the gut. I went home and searched all afternoon for the video and finally found it and hopefully the links below direct you to the right place. Steve Demme as it turns out is the one that produces “Math U See” the math videos that we used when we were homeschooled. He also has a website full of family resources http://thefamilythatstaystogether.org/ that I thought were very relevant for us. The video is about 26 min long and is hard to understand most but it is still a must see. It took place in the chapel at Calvary and while it is not full it is still neat to see all the people that showed up. Not sure why but this really struck me and it was hard not to get emotional over it. What a blessing to have so many resources such as this in our community. I have seen this father and son many times at church before and was sure that I knew the father but did not know their story, so it was neat to complete the picture.
http://demmefamily.blip.tv/ (in case the above movie clip doesn't work.)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment