Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who thinks of these things?

Stresses in life continue and so more humor is needed. This post won't surprise those who know me best but to others...well, here's the ugly truth. One of my annoying personality traits faults is that I wear my heart on my sleeve and it's not so easy for me to hide my frustrations. I've always admired folks who can wear a poker face in the midst of agitation. The older I get I'm discovering that if I can get to a point of laughter it greatly helps diffuse some of negative spiral. For those who don't know me too well you must read this with a load of sarcasm and a grain of truth.

I found my laughter point this morning in my email inbox. I have a lot of 'parties for one' in front of my computer screen. Again this will show you the level of low that I'm capable of - at least in my thinking.

Last week ended with a difficult day. Catching up on some much needed rest was in order. The weather was cooler and sleeping with the windows open was finally a possibility. I guess the weather also was an invitation to the neighbors to party through the night. At 2 in the morning we were still hearing laughter that sounded like a hyena in heat. Totally disgusted at the rudeness of people who live in such close proximity to others I slammed the window closed closed the window and turned the AC back on. The last two days I didn't want to run into anyone at the mailbox, etc... until I found a way to diffuse my frustration.

Here's the email:


It merely stated "A special wish for the difficult people in your life....."



I feel so much better. I can howl and guffaw my way to the mailbox now. And I can in all honesty ask anyone I might run into "How are you?"


mua ha ha ha ha

1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

Ouch! Just looking at this picture causes me real discomfort. You...make me laugh!