Don't know when she'll be back again
... til then I'll see her in my dreams....
This morning I take my Betz to the airport and watch her walk away. There's something wrong with this picture. Mom's are supposed to create a home with smells of bread baking and open the front door and welcome your children IN - not send them out to the wild blue yonder.
I guess when the children become adults and create their own homes with a front door and bread baking in the oven of that home there is never a guarantee where in this world that front door is hinged..... and I'll be too far away to smell her bread baking.
Tell me when the time we had slipped away
Tomorrow turned to yesterday
And I don't know how
Tell me what can stop this river of tears
It's been building up for years
For this moment now
Here I stand
Arms open wide
I've held ya close
Kept ya safe
Till you could fly
Tell me where the road ahead is gonna bend
And how to harness up the wind
And how to say goodbye
Tell me why
Why does following your dreams
Take you far away from me
And I knew that it would
Tell me how to fill the space you left behind
And how to laugh instead of cry
And how to say goodbye
Here I stand
Arms open wide
I've held ya close
Kept ya safe
Till you could fly
Tell me where the road ahead is gonna bend
And how to harness up the wind
And how to say goodbye.
Mr. Studly, She's on her way. I know how it feels to be anxiously waiting to see someone you love dearly at an airport. I'm happy for you - truely I am. I know we'll see you next week but it will be a long time until you both walk in my front door again. I'm gonna go cry now. Thanks for loving and taking care of my Betz. ~mommy-law
1 comment:
Been in your shoes several times in life...know how it hurts, but somehow life goes on, and you get to see bits and pieces of the "whys" of them being led where they were. Someday we truly will understand. From an empty nest mother.
Post a Comment