The L&C landing includes the Eternal Steel Workers statue.
The long bridge behind the statue is the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, just completed in September 2008 and it curves around the two tall pillars. It's a 3000 foot bridge that spans the Missouri River with Omaha on one side and Council Bluffs, Iowa on the other. I was hoping to take a walk the next morning across the bridge simply to say that "I walked to Iowa" but time did not allow.
At 9:00 pm they 'kicked us out' of the Landing and it was obvious that many weren't ready to call it a night. Walking back across the short bridge to the Quest Center darkness now revealed a different scene. One of the small statues in front of the Center.
And across the street a long two sided fireplace was ablaze. The scene was more picturesque from across the street but I was too lazy to cross again just for a picture. sigh...
at the other end of the outdoor seating area. The warm evening weather with no bugs or mosquitoes was just too hard to say good night to. I don't know when I laughed so much. It was a wonderful evening with new found friends.

The next morning while I waited for Jay to finish making some business connections I snapped a few pictures of the art in front of the Quest Center.
The clock held correct time.
The clock held correct time.
1 comment:
A free history lesson from Omaha...how much fun is that!! I really enjoyed reading through this post and seeing the pictures. You are fortunate to have this privilege, and I am fortunate to have visited your post.
Post a Comment