The list of employees has increased so that I'm currently making a scrambled egg dish with 5-6 dozen eggs. Here's where the free eggs from Hubby's flock come in handy.
I start with onions, sometimes red or green pepper and some form of meat. I use a variety of flavors in sausage, occasionally ham but the most favorite is bacon. All the meat comes from my stash of products that Hubby makes at the butchershop.
A few years ago I found this huge pan at Costco that I use for my scrambled eggs. It didn't come with a lid but my large pizza pan serves well.
Just before I walk out the door I add cheese, cover with my pizza pan lid, wrap with a kitchen towel to keep the lid from sliding off in transport and off I go.
About a year ago I started adding something along the warm carb line and it's usually a hit. Monkey bread, sticky buns, shoo-fly cake are some of the standard favorites. Any recipe I make needs to be doubled. Occasionally I'll try something new. They've been subjected to my trial run on a recipe that injuries my pride to set out on the table. But they don't seem to care in what manner of unbaked or burnt it is when that happens. It's usually gone in a flash.
I used to take orange juice but the amount I now need per week can be costly so I make homemade iced tea. Hubby's mom made this and I've been making it for the past 30 years.
I use 6-7 tea bags, 6 oz of frozen lemonade concentrate and 1 cup sugar to a gallon pitcher.
During the summer I also take a gallon of meadow tea.
I start the whole breakfast process about 1 1/2 hours before I need to have breakfast delivered. I very rarely dread the routine - it's something I know the guys really appreciate and look forward to and it's a delight to watch them dig in. Now some of them totally violate the food..... some dredge their eggs with hot sauce (maybe that's the only way they can get them down). Others use regular ketchup while a few prefer my homemade ketchup - it's on the sweeter side. But I'm not responsible for what they do to their food - I merely provide the basics and they take it from there.

1 comment:
Does your husband know just how fortunate he is to have "you"??? What an amazing gift of serving on your part. My part is to copy down your ideas to use for me and when I have a big crew to cook for. No wonder your busines is thriving. Great ideas!!
Post a Comment