Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Be Still

I'm a morning person created by years of routinely wanting personal quiet time before the rest of the family charged into the day. Even now with an empty nest and a husband who leaves by 5 I am up before the sun. Down side of that is I don't last long in the evening. I enjoy, look forward to, and relish the quiet of the morning.



Quiet time to be alone is not an optional nicety; nor is it just for the retired, the lazy, or those naturally inclined. It is for all of us. It is valuable time well spent. And above all, it needs no justification other than its own noble purpose: to become more fully awake and to remember what you most need to remember about yourself and your life. --Quiet Mind by David Kundtz

Be Still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10

No comments: