Monday, February 16, 2009

The Lord God made them all.....

For reasons I don't need to give boring details about, I find myself the last few months getting most of my sleep on the living room recliner. Usually around 1:30-2:00 I make my trek from my bed to the bathroom and head for my chair where I finish sleeping quite soundly - just alone. Although last night I had a visitor. I was awakened quite suddenly with the rather stiff legs of one of these gnarly little critters crawling across my cheek....most likely drawn by the nasty, night time, scents that tend to emit from drooling, open mouths of human sleep.


Grabbing this 'darling nighttime fairy' caused a yucky smell to linger on my cheek and my hands which I needed to get up and wash off. NOW I'm really awake. sigh..... And our wonderful little watch dog barely lifted his head while curled up quite comfortably in Jay's chair.

Research online this morning told me his name is just Brown Stink Bug. The article said they feed on soybeans and corn and stated "Stink bugs feed on plant fluids by inserting their needlelike mouthparts into stems, leaves or seed pods. While feeding, they inject materials into the plant to aid in digestion and sap removal." hhmmmmm

Not sure what he thought he'd find inside my warm home in the middle of the night but this guy is 'outta here' and off to a lovely cornfield in the sky.

No comments: