Years ago my better half decided that he would make lunch on Sunday’s. It provided a great opportunity for him get the kids in the kitchen as well and also help with clean up. He is no stranger in the kitchen and I’ve always told him he’s a much better cook then I am. He’s certainly not afraid to try new things especially since he never follows a recipe for his style of cooking.
Even after the children were married and out of the house he continued with the Sunday lunch set up and the only thing I’m allowed to help with is clean up.
Here’s what our meal looked like today.
He took a top round roast and seared it then poured over a braising base that Betz gave him for Christmas.
He knows I LOVE mushrooms (my favorite is baby portabella’s) so as long as I keep them on hand he usually tries to add them to whatever he’s making. His current ingredient of choice seems to be kidney beans and yep, he added some into this dish as well.
This dish of wonderful goodness baked while we were at church and, of course, there’s nothing better then walking into the house after church and smelling dinner.
No – there is no recipe. It’s simply a trial and error and for him those usually end up as dump and win!
1 comment:
Another dump and win success!!! Looks yummy as ever, I think I can even smell it thru the picture! I think he should write a cookbook called How to Dump and Win...it would be the easiest, shortest cookbook ever written...bet he win awards!! :)
Post a Comment