Sunday, December 11, 2011

A December day

Saturday I had the whole day set aside to play in the kitchen.  It was cold outside but sunny, nice and warm inside.  Christmas music playing, extra boards in the kitchen table – so much nicer working in this present kitchen.  My previous kitchen left me often feeling grouchy til I was done trying to make things – especially baking.
So with plenty of supplies sitting at the end of the table I was ready to get started.
PC100380
I made fudge this year for the first time.  I gotta move it out as quickly as possible – it’s my biggest temptation in the chocolate department.  I used the recipe from Classy Treats.  I first used her tip of using a warm knife to cut the fudge and then switched to my pizza cutter - worked wonderfully.
PC100374
A favorite – pretzels, Hershey Kisses and M&M’s – a great sweet, salty bite.
PC100378
With a few more baked things I have the start of an assortment of things to put a tray together whenever needed the next few days.
But the favorite part of the day was later – much later - that evening when things were all cleaned up and made a trip out to the retrieve the mail.  When I turned around to head back to the house the moon greeted me…
PC100385
Silent night, Holy night, All is Calm, All is Bright.

1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I missed visiting your blog and really enjoyed being able to do that today. Congratulations on your little granddaughter. Oh the joy she must have added to your Christmas celebrations.

The chocolate covered Ritz peanut butter crackers sure do look good! Not sure about the bacon, but the crackers...oh my.

Wishing you and your family a joy filled New Year!