I found this cup and saucer at the local thrift store for $1.00 I was hoping to find something more colorful, unique or interesting but this lowly brown set was all that was on the shelf. Now I have a reason to pick up that interesting find I stumble across but think I have no use for.
And this set of 3 spoons at the Dollar General for $1.00.
Made a visit to the local hardward store for some Goop, a 10 foot section of 1/2" copper pipe that they cut into 3 pieces for me and 3 copper end caps.
Following the instructions that were given I sanded the bottom of the cup, inside the ring where the cup would sit, the bottom of the spoon and the top of the copper end cap -- all the places where I would apply glue.
I assembled it all together and allowed time for the glue to dry.
My supply of birdseed was depleted at picture time but the idea is to fill the cup with water and place birdseed around the saucer.
I gave this first one to my mom for Mother's Day. She's the master gardener in the family and also finds much pleasure in birdwatching.

2 comments:
That is so sweet. And you did a great job blogging the process. PW influence? Thanks for sharing.
What a great idea! Who wouldn't love to receive a gift like this. I want to make one someday. Proud of you!
Post a Comment