I've started sentences to begin this blog, erased them, wrote more, erased again......... Bottom line is I feel quite helpless to know what to do or how to do it so I pray - pray for those I know through familytree lines who are missionaries there, pray for those I hear about through various avenues, pray for those I know are planning to leave and DO something -- pray, pray, pray. And then I pray for those who are lost and need to be found -both physically and spiritually.
I'm an information junky of sorts and these are some of the places online I've visited in the past few days.
www.jarodandjennifer.com/blog I don't know these folks personally. Connection through a connection through a connection,etc.... Jarod Ebenhack is a missionary working with Kids Alive International in Cap Haitien, Haiti.
http://www.highwaytohaiti.com/ connection through above blog. Matt & Pam McCormick are involved in discipleship and sustainable development in northern Haiti.
www.mcc.org/stories/podcasts/world-shaken I listened to this heart wrenching first hand account this morning by Ben & Alexis Depp.
www.worldteam.org/updates
Pictures speak volumes. http://www.foxnews.com/ daily updates their pictures. Some are extremely difficult to look at. They put reality in more perspective then I can handle sometimes but they always drive me to prayer.
So today as I go through my day of cleaning my home -- that is still standing with a fridge full of more food then I need, where water runs clear and free when I turn the faucet, where the heat is comfortably controlled, where my petty grumblings about difficulties are silenced as -- I pray for those who are in such great need.
1 comment:
My sister Sue Sollenberger, her husband Merle & two sons left with a team from their church last Sunday to help the Haiti YWAM Team prepare for PAP refugees fleeing to St Marc (an hour north of Port Au Prince.) If you want to follow what they are doing, check out the www.ywamhaiti.org website or their team blog at http://www.haitimission2010.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment