Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sweet Fellowship

This week I enjoyed breakfast with 2 of my cousins.  We began meeting for breakfast a few years ago and it's been a highlight of the week whenever we can make it happen.  We usually meet at Panera Bread and our time together has been known to take up 4 hours at a time and still we never seem to get completely caught up.  Other cousins have threated to invite themselves but we figure the 3 of us can't get caught up in 3-4 hours how would we ever get it all said?  =)

Plans needed to be changed this week and we thought we may need to reschedule.  But we simply agreed to meet much earlier then usual and also meet at the Ellmaker House where my one cousin is the innkeeper.  I wasn't sure if breakfast plans were made but upon arriving and walking into the area where she normally serves her guests breakfast,  this was waiting for us.



Verna started with a prayer that included thanking the LORD for cousins who we also call friends.  I added my own thankful Amen.  And then we started with warm baked apples with cream.



Along with eggs and potatoes and strips of bacon we had muffins with my favorite jelly - homemade strawberry jelly.



And gingerbread to finish off a delicious meal. 



She often eats her own breakfast food that she serves but usually when everyone else is served and gone and then hers is cold.  So this day she enjoyed a hot meal right along with us.



Verna is an amazing host.  She is barrels of fun and she is not ashamed of the gospel of Christ and readily shares her faith and her lifestyle with the guests she serves.  She meets some amazing people and I'm always fascinated to hear her experiences with people who walk different walks of life in different places then what I've been accustomed to. 

I am grateful to have her as family and BLESSED to know her as friend.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great post! I love your blog cause I get a visual of your life. Thanks for all the pictures and I know sometimes you think you have nothing to blog about, but doing this is great for me cause I love to hear about you and actually see what your up to. :) Thanks, Mom...keep up the good work!