Thank you to all who sent cards for the card shower. I decided to wait and deliver them all at the same time Saturday evening. I walked quietly up to their door and could hear them talking and laughing inside as opened the screen door hoping it didn’t squeak. I realized that the stack was too high to put through the slot at one time so I divided it in half and as I slowly pushed the slot open I could see little pajama feet to the side so I give the first stack and shove, hurriedly pushed in the second stack and took off walking as fast as the snowy, icy sidewalks would allow. Jumped in my car and drove off laughing. What fun!
Here’s Mike’s response along with some pictures he provided.
Thank you for the cards for Eva's birthday. We had an enjoyable time opening each and every one. Isaac, Ellianna, and Isaiah having just thoroughly exercised their gift opening abilities, tore into each envelope like it was wrapping paper much to Daddy's chagrin. Here are some pictures to pass along in appreciation for helping to make Eva's day special.
Mike and Maegan also posted the following on their Care Page.
Eva turns ONE!!!
Today we celebrate Eva's first birthday and it has certainly been a birthday worth celebrating. More than once in the past year we were faced with the possibility that Eva might not make it to her first birthday or at least be spending it in the hospital. Evie is still very alive and healthy and has been out of the hospital now for over 2 weeks. We were blessed with a mountain of cards on Saturday evening and for those of you who participated in sending birthday cards to Eva, Thank you for that special blessing. We had a small party for Evie on Sunday evening with immediate family and it was a special time for us to remember God's provision in the past year as well as the accomplishments that Eva has achieved.
Thank you all so much for continuing to pray for us and support us as opportunities arise. Some of you we know well and others we only know because you follow events on this page but you have all touched our lives in so many ways. We are excited for the new year and the possibilities that await Eva. Your prayers and concern are still very needed and appreciated.
Because all of God's gifts are good,
Mike & Maegan
No comments:
Post a Comment