Testing continues for Evie but the doctors have given enough information that we’re realizing that life will not return to normal – not that it was before this, really. We don’t have a lot of definitive's yet but enough to know that the following poem puts our thoughts, feelings and emotions into words.
What About Tomorrow?
by Cyndi Egbert
A poem about life with a special child
What about tomorrow
is a common thought for me.
I wonder what the day will bring,
I hope no misery.
Each day has its own challenges,
Its battles to be won;
But so many days go by
Bringing another race yet to be run.
I get so tired and discouraged sometimes,
And don't know where to turn.
But You, Lord, will be with me
Ready when I'm willing to learn;
Comforting when I just can't
Look beyond that minute;
Patiently waiting for me to accept
the lesson that is in it.
So don't give up on me, Lord
(I know You never would)
Because I need to lean on You, Lord
So lead me as I should.
And while I'm talking to You, Father
One more request I ask-
Please give me peace, dear Lord
For this little one and my special task.
Amen.
Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the LORD [is] upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to [the] poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to [the] captives And recovery of sight to [the] blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; (NKJV)
copyright 1998 by Cyndi Egbert
Mike, Maegan and Evie remain at CHOP. There was talk of them possibly coming home Friday but that is looking questionable. We have so many questions and the answers seem to be hidden and coming very slowly.
God is still on the throne, in charge and He knows our future.
We rest in that.
- I’d like to give testimony to the steadfastness that Maegan’s Mom, Eva, continues to provide in the care of Isaac, Ellie and Isaiah. In spite of the absence of Mom and Dad these children are doing remarkably well. They are happy and enjoying life as normally as they can. Thank you Eva!
No comments:
Post a Comment