Monday, November 28, 2011

We Thank Thee

I’ve spent some time lately thinking back over things that have meant much to me in growing up with Mom and Dad.  Each Sunday morning Mom would put a record in the stereo and the music would wake us kids and signal it was time to get up and get ready for church.  All three of us kids have a special liking for the same record – Jim Reeves “We Thank Thee”.  We each have our personal favorites from the album and mine is the cover song – We Thank Thee.
I decided I need to have a copy of my own and placed an order through Amazon and this weekend my order arrived.  I put the CD in and had a bit of a nostalgic melt down as the memories flooded in.
Being awakened by music on a Sunday morning is added to the list of things I’m so thankful for – we were blessed beyond measure to have been raised in a godly home.






No comments: