Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday

This past Saturday my youngest grand, Caleb, turned 1. 

DSCN2944

I stopped in to visit the little guy to wish him a very happy birthday and to, of course, deliver his birthday present.  When I arrived he was quite contentedly watching Mom and Dad wash the car. 

DSCN2945 

DSCN2946 First we pulled on the ribbon and had great fun with that.  Then a few tugs on the paper.  The ribbon was still a great draw so the paper itself wasn’t too tempting.  With a little work we soon had the contents of the package out and he was glad to chew on his pretzel snack that I had brought along while playing with his truck.

DSCN2947

What I wasn’t able to capture with my camera was the moment that he suddenly looked at me and gave me a huge smile from ear to ear that seemed to say “Thanks, Grammy”.  His daddy and I just laughed as we shared the little guys joy.

Smiles from the littles are priceless indeed.

No comments: